Sunday, September 19, 2010

Coming down to the wire

Well.....just a few more days and myself along with SWMBO will be getting on a plane to make the trip back home.

Due to a slight change in plans/itinerary/schedule/whatever you want to call it, going up Aberdeen way participation in the Haggis Run had to be put off. As much as I wanted to take part, 'fraid this year is not going to be the time.

Tis a pity as I very much wanted to get up to Scotland, especially at this time of year, to experience a good organized club run by the GCMCC and GBC, fine Scottish weather and hospitality as well as meeting some fine folk.

But from the sounds of it Kawa may be down Midlands way while I'm over so we may be able to meet up somewhere such as the National Motorcycle Museum in Brum. If so, then that'll be great.

But in the meantime, there's a little thing of work that has to be done, making sure that my youngest sprog will be dropping by to feed the three roving alarms (the dogs), getting the mail picked up and this wee outpost called Casa Caimbeul doesn't disappear as well as getting up to the airport.

So, until then I should be gone for a bit unless I can get access to my sisters computer while there.  

5 comments:

  1. Hey Bodger, Have a great vacation over there. The weather has gotta be better than what's been thrown your way in Texas. The NMM sounds like a great place. After reading all about the fire and rebuilding of museum and bikes, I'd really like to see it some day. Hairy Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye Bodger I should be down that way early on the 2nd Oct, picking up the paintwork for one of the Kawas that am taking to the Stafford show later in the month.
    Once your over email me a contact number and we'll sort out something.

    kawa

    ReplyDelete
  3. HL- it's been sillier than a pocket full of ferrets this weather...rain, humidity, hurricanes (and not the the Triumph types either), winds that are snapping trees in half...loads of fun at times

    Kawa I'll send off the Old Girls number near Banbury. Give us a bell when you're headed that way mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good trip Bodger, shame you can't head north but we'll be thinking of you. Honest, we will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers GBC, still wish I could take part...oh well...next time eh? Did ya get something in the post yet ;)?

    ReplyDelete