Saturday, October 23, 2010

The NMM

I'm gonna give this a try as Hairy Larry wants pics and it's taking soooooooooooo long to upload the little buggers one at a time, so clicky on the linky thing                                                                       http://s165.photobucket.com/u52/850norton/nationalmotorcyclemuseum and it should show some piccies for you to gander at.

I'll keep adding to it until they're all  there.

Here's one that Kawa emailed from the recent Stafford show:


In one of the posts I said that IMHO this was one of the most beautiful machine ever assembled and this is a good example of why I think so. It just shouts raw power and good looks.

In a more serious vein, this was carved on the back of a headstone in the village cemetery where my Dad is buried :



Speaking of Stafford, I've heard tell that it was a good do for those who went.....congrats to Kawa for getting a wee trophy for one of his Kawa's and GBC who met up with some of Bodger's online acquinatances.

7 comments:

  1. Sure is the place to go to meet ppl from the 'online world' Bodge, maybe you and Hairy Larry will make it over to the show one year - that'd be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's possible, but the one I want is the Haggis Run most definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried to take a peek at pics, here at work...blocked...site is considered "adult". On my phone, I fall into a rabbit hole that leads me everywhere but to your pics. Oh well, guess I'll be visiting someone with a computer.Drat! guess I will be getting a "real" computer one of these days. Haven't figured out how to leave a comment at Kawa's blog...his doesn't have the "anonymous" option. His bikes a real "looker", really nice job Kawa. There is a triple like the one in the pic running around these parts. Haven't seen it lately, but they sure are sharp looking. Craig Vetter was at the last San Jose/Santa Clara fairgrounds show giving a talk. Real personable fella. Hairy Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you can get on Larry. I've misplaced my USB stick thingy but will try and upload somemore pics from other sources.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HL you should be able to post a comment now, this all new stuff to me, but a few weeks and I'll have it worked out, I hope. Thanks for the comment on the bike, cheers

    Bodger, so thats the back of the head stone you were talking about, someones taken a lot of time and care to do that.
    Having a problem opening the photobucket link, could you email me it?

    kawa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kawa that's the one, I'm guessing it was laser etched on there. The detail is excellent.

    I did an edit thing and tried it again, if it still doesn't work let me know. Some of this new modern techno stuff still eludes me at times.

    ReplyDelete