Thursday, May 3, 2012

SOS and Vale-Onslow

A few posts back there was one concerning SOS Motorcycles here in the sunny area known as San Antonio. Something that was forgotten until mentioned by Hairy Larry was the SOS make of motorcycle that came about through the work of one Len Vale-Onslow, MBE. Below is a link addy that will take you to the Vale-Onslow website and history of this unique man and his brainchild. Mr. Vale-Onlsow has since passed on a few years back at age 104, yes, 104 years old and apparently was still active with motorcycles up until his death. Anyway, go to the site and read up on this interesting individual. http://www.vale-onslow.co.uk/ By the by.......this is just my opinion and an observation, but this new Blogger set-up is not really an improvement and and actual addy shows up when cutting-and-pasting a link or address. Maybe it's Bodger being cack handed and semi computer literate, but things like the linky thing and the new set up make it harder to be 'puter savvy. Just saying!

3 comments:

  1. He was pretty amazing and was at it until he passed. I agree about the new 'dash-board' stuff here in blogger-land...probably why I haven't been
    posting lately. I need to get in there and re-learn everything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what you learn about someone after they've passed like Olga Kevelos.....she ran the pub where I lived and I ahd heard something about her riding MC earlier in life. Not until I read a two part TCM article on her tht I found she was into trials and had also done some racing as well back in the 50s-60s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Managed to bumble my way through a new post. Took me awhile to figure out how to use 'arrow' keys to scroll at certain points...probably took me twice as long as the old set-up. It did seem to load the pics and vid a bit more quickly though...

    ReplyDelete