Friday, May 10, 2013

Classic transport


Mr Combo did a posting a few days back about a "Barkus" van that was used to transport Simson motorcycles and the general shape of it looked familiar. So after searching the little grey cells and doing a search on the 'net, it all came back. The reason it looked familiar is this: Commer van Ford Econoline Dodge A100 and lastly.... Chevy Greenbriar Seeing these has got Bodger actually thinking that this would be a nice way to haul the old nails around, keeping with the classic look and all. Of course they would have to be sans the windows along the sides and in excellent shape, restored even. Wonder what a nice one would cost to buy??

1 comment:

  1. I should have never sold my last Econoline. It was an all window van, which is nice for cross ventilation purposes. I also had a windowless one as well and they get a little stuffy. I had curtains on mine I could draw for privacy. If you get one make sure it's tall enough to roll a bike in. Occasionally with street bikes I'd have to pull the mirrors off, but all the dirt bikes rolled right in.

    ReplyDelete