Sunday, September 27, 2009

Where all the magic takes place!?

Besides having the tools an a bike to work on, it's a good idea to have a place to do it, namely a shed. Sheds come in a shapes and sizes such as the ons that are just big enough for the bike, tools, you and a cat to swing around to the absolutley I can't believe how much room I have in here type shed.


This is the exterior of mine; the small building to the right is the original shed and to the left is where the wee Starfire and HD live now, slong with all the other flootsam that make up the contents of my shed .

As you can see the "new" shed is of a metal construction with a roll up garage door that can be locked with a padlock or two. Up in the corner where the two shed roofs meet is a spotlight for night time illumination and there's even a waterproof outlet box just outside the roll up door to plug in extensions for outdoor work.

There's also an active and roaming alarm system in the form of the brown beast in the picture and two others that run around the property untethered.


The interior has the bikes of course as well as a wooden bench that I constructed for working on the BSA, a couple of roll around tool chests with typical tools needed, one of which is dedicated to Whitworth tools and items needed strictly for British bikes.

There's also a file cabinet that has some power equipment in as well some files and the all important tea fixings. A recommended item that I have on my bench is a gooseneck lamp that was given me by the bloke that I got the BSA from. It clamps to the back of the bench and reaches to the front putting light just where I need it.

Along the walls are powere outlets so there's never a need to look for one as well as outlets overhead for when tools such as a Dremel or heat gun is needed right at the worksite. I even put strip outlets on the main workbench itself, one at the front and one at one end.

Other equipment items in the shed are a lift jack for the Harley, an air compressor, small shelf unit for my small library with a microwave, some glasses, mugs and a spirits optic dispenser  for an occasional wee dram as well as a CD collection and boom box.

Before I forget, the old original shed is going to become the Piston Broke Pub at a later date. It will be stocked with the finest of Scottish ales a I prefer them as well as Newcastle Brown Ale as it's my particular favorite. But until then, it's the odd beer in the shed for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment