Sunday, November 29, 2009

A sad day

I've just recently learned that Olga Kevelos from Kings Sutton, the village I grew up in back when I was younger, has died.

Olga and her brother Ray ran the Three Tuns pub in Kings Sutton and I would got there for a pint or two on some nights. I had heard during visits that Olga used to ride motorcycles, but I wasn't aware of the extent of her involvement until later on.

An article from the Kings Sutton Times gave a short history of her life and experiences. Here's a copy of the article in it's entirety






The Classsic Motorcycle also did a two part story a few years back about Olga's exploits on two and four wheels.

Olga was one of Britians few pioneering women motorcyclists and her or her legacy won't be forgotten.

RIP Olga


                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment