Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lone Star Part II

Here's a few more piccies from the Lone Star Museum that I wrote about last.

Brough Superior SSS80 or SS100 (I forget which it was)




















As I said, here's just a few of the piccies from there. There are more which could make this posting super loooooooooong so it's just a few for now. But you can see that there is a good variety of machines there, though the majority are British. There are a couple German, a few Italian and some American, to include the wee Whizzer  that looks vaguely like a moped.

Next will be more on the disassembly of Vicky and getting her prepped for new paint. That right there will be another story in itself I think.

2 comments:

  1. great pics again. All the 441 talk and magazine articles...have inspired me to get cracking on my Victor. Called "Rabers" in San Jose to see if they had gaskets and seals in stock, and they do. Decided to do a phone order come tuesday...(they are closed sundays and mondays)...and have them shipped out UPS the next day. With Spring approaching I'd like to get the bike running to use as a commuter. Since my bike is pretty complete, I'll leave it stock, except for a modern ignition set-up and maybe the oil filter kit...as the bike in "Motorcycle Classics". Look forward to seeing pics of "Vickie's" progress. Hairy Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deal Larry, can't wait to see pics of it as well. Letme know what iginitin you get as well as oil filter and how they work out. Gonna keep Vicky as stock as possible, but do want to do some updates such as those and possibly stainless hardware

    ReplyDelete