Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Slow is the word for the noo!

For the past week my laptop has been running slow as treacle/molasses and I don't like it one bit!

I went on line to check my email and my provider took close to 10mins just to load and after another 10mins or so to get to the email page it timed out. "What the b*ggery b*llcks" to quote Pats and Eddie (yer homework is to find out who they are) was my initial thoughts about it.

So being the computer challenged person I is, I took it to the local 'puter geeks to have them check it out. Prognosis is that it had some Malware and some other poxy stuff on it and for the princely sum of more than a couple of goats, they could "fix" it.

So after a few days in their "loving" care, all is well according to them. If I had high speed 'net it probably would be just dandy, but I don't and it isn't. Still can't get to the email stuff unless I use someone elses 'puter, and it takes donkeys ages to get to anything else, but at least I can still get on.

I got an email with a link on it, not the cause of all this BTW, that showed B25s and B44s for sale in a US mag. An nice looking B25 such as my little Amelia had an asking price of $5,0000! Are they insane??????
Not even on a good day would I pay that for a B25.

I've had time to ponder on things while without this box of wires and have decided that the year 2011 will be spent on working on Vicky and Amelia both in order to get them on the road or at least close to it AND to save enough scratch for my next trip to the UK which will be to Aberdeenland in order to take part in the Haggis Run in 2012.

After that, a little jaunt around the Highlands to Inverness, Culloden, Loch Ness, Inverary and Falkirk along with Stirling. All in the comfort of a tin box I'm afraid.

Oh, and Kawa, an frequent contributor has his Blog up and running and is looking pretty good so check it out.

Toodle pip 'til the next time...if the box of wires co-operates and lets me do it!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you wish you'd bought about two dozen British bikes about 30 years ago and mothballed them? Yeah, prices are getting scary. Oh well, glad I bought what I did when I did.Kawas blog is looking good, I enjoy his "Friday" bike feature. Now,that is an extra zero on that B-25 price I hope. Hairy Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you would be shocked at the prices they wanted for the BSA singles, a bit over the top, getting as expensive as old Kawas..

    Good idea getting on with the projects in 2011, it gives me an extra year to get a bike ready for your visit.

    Just trying to get the blog the way I want it, nearly there. Also noticed theres not much to do with Kawas on it, more BSA at the moment.. I'll soon sort that ;-)

    kawa

    ReplyDelete
  3. No larry, that wasn't an extra zero there, it really did say $5,000! Scary thing is that someone will pay that price as well.

    Aah a ide for 2012...good on ya Kawa.

    ReplyDelete