Saturday, November 20, 2010

Now for a musical interlude

To follow on from adventures in the shed, whenever I'm in the shed I listen to some type of CD that can get the  heart started and a pumping whether it's Rush "Working Man", Ronnie James Dio "Holy Diver, AC/DC "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) or even Courtney Love's "Violet" She's a silly tart I know, but I love this tune.

This one, by Alice Bowie,  (I know they're not a "real" band), is a great one. For the uninitiated, Cheech&Chong were a couple of dozy geezers from back in the 70s who made some albums and movies that were funny as he-double toothpicks, most notibly "Up In Smoke", a stoner movie that was a riot.

This is a song from that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bwEy8BQBfk

So click on it, sit back and enjoy for a few minutes, and then go into yer shed and play some good tunes while a spannering on yer ride.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

I've just discovered something that I had saved on my Favorites section and forgot about that is a must for good tunes for in the shed.

It's this: www.radiocaroline.co.uk   a pirate radio station outta the UK that's been on the air for years and plays some GOOD tunes, better than some of the drivel that's on the radio hereabouts.

5 comments:

  1. Got to have some good music in the background while working on the bikes, makes it so much more enjoyable. Music from the youth seems to always strike a cord (sorry), a bit of ZZ Topp, AC/DC, Jam, Stranglers, The Who etc... but the sheds too cold just now so I'll just have to listen to the sounds in the comfort of the house while I check out the internet.

    Cheech&Chong, up in smoking, I seem to remember the van was on fire and everyone near it was happy... cant remember why ;-)

    kawa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, it's been cold (for here anyway) as well. The cold feels good, but plays havoc on the joints though to get any real work done, but I can at least potter about in the tip, er, shed and listen to tunes for a bit.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, it seems a lot of guys I knew that were in the Air Force back in the day, were fans of Cheech and Tommy...my memories a little "hazy" on that point.Music to work by is good. In my "umble 'pinion the best stuff was from the 60's-70's. On that point I must be getting old, I remember ZZ Topp when they were an opening band for Captain Beefheart and Mahavishnu Orchestra (spelling?)...yeah...loud, louder, and loudest. Hairy Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. 60s-70s tunes were the best Larry. You outta check Radio Caroline as it plays some good tunes from back then.

    Tunes from the 80s-90s are good too for shed work. Cranberries, Rush, George Thorogood, etc are great to listen to while working on the Best Scrap Available!

    To bad Mountain Cedar wrecks havoc on me right now, allergies are bad right now. Hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to give internet radio a listen as soon as I'm able. A new computer and internet connection at home are on my wish-list. For now I have to put up with my cheapo phone, and other peoples machines. Back to the grind...HL

    ReplyDelete