Thursday, February 10, 2011

A few bits and bobs

In order to do a restoration of Vicky, parts are needed. So with that I got  a few over the past few weeks; seals, springs and gaiters for the forks and a proper sidestand to replace what looks to be from something else entirely.

Parts are still to be had, too many to list here but as long as Lightning Spares, C&D Autos, Draganfly, Kidderminster, Gagg and Son et al are in existance, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem except for some of the really hard to find items such as an unmolested aluminum gas tank and a good seat.

So as long as the mentioned Ye Olde Motorcycle Parts Shoppes as well as eBay exist, things will be just peachy.

Until then.......

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, that seat and tank. Can't say I've seen any not attached to a bike for sell lately. Like you said you can always borrow items off of your other bike for test purposes. I'll keep my eye out. There are two wrecking yards nearby where I work. If weather holds I might get around to working on mine some and see if tanks from other makes might not be persuaded to reside on a Victor frame. You could go for a "trials" look with a small alloy tank and single saddle....? HL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trials look has been considered, still a strong possibility. I'll see how things go in that regard. Still plenty of time to find and get parts. A tank and seat will be towards the end perhaps after all else is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my eyes open for a "Vicky" tank when am out and about

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on ya Kawa....those are far and few between and the ones I've seen on eBay are going for silly money.

    ReplyDelete