Friday, March 2, 2012

Dealers decals

I ran across a small blurb in an old issue of one of the classic bike fish wraps and checked out the website to see if it may be of interest and it was.

Seeing how it looks like posting links may have changed a little here in Bloggerland, guess ya have to type it in now instead of clicking on a linky, but here it is.

"http://dealersdecals.co.uk"

There were several recognizable names in there such as Gus Kuhn, Eddie Dow, Comerfords, Kings, Jack Lilly plus a few from the US as well.

Anyways, back to the plot, seems that "Dealers Decals" either has these in stock or can make them on order as well as possibly make custom ones from a design. Unfortunately, the site doesn't have anything in the way of wordage to say anything of capabilities.

Guess the way would be to e-mail them and find out.

If they can make them to order, I'm thinking about getting a couple made for "Vicky" and "Amelia". The ones I'm thinking are of a dealer in Brechin, Scotland by the name of John Duncan and Sons.

I believe SFB posted a picture of there decal on a forum once and I liked the design. They were the dealers that originally sold her new BSA B25 Starfire and before it was crafted into a TriBSA 350, but not to SFB.

So I figure that if they were BSA dealers, what better than to have dealer decals from a Scottish BSA dealer adorn two BSAs owned by a person of Scottish descent.

I'll try the picture linky thing for the Duncan picture, hopefully it'll work


Maybe one of the Scottish readers can tell Bodger if John Duncan and Sons of Brechin is still in business or not.

7 comments:

  1. Neat looking decal there, that would look good on your bikes. A while back I bought a decal making kit at a hobby shop. It is supposed to work via a computer and printer. I haven't tried it yet, I'll let you know. The 'link-thingy'...yeah. This morn managed to put GBC's promo vid at my blog, after a lot of wrangling at my 'blogger-dashboard'. Ended up it was really easy if you do it from 'Youtube'. I couldn't make it work at the dashboard, directly...but after using the 'embed' button at youtube...no problemo. I've had pretty mixed results with the linkage-biz. Seems like things are always a-changing. I'll have to check out that decal site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately Larry, that site just shows several pics of decals, that's about it along with the email address.

    There may be more in the inventory if asked. But I'm gonna see if they have or can come up with the "John Duncan" decal for the bikes.

    Also get a another road tax disc holder aand have the logo for the "Grampian Classic Motorcyle Club" made up to insertion to show which club I belong to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did a quick search for you and no shop of that name is showing in Brechin or elsewhere, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Mr. Combo.....I Googled it as well and did find a mention of them from a car or bike show in Brechin itsself I think it was.

    Did think they might've gone out of business a few years back but thought I'd give it a try and see.

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi if you need the decal made that easy but l can only get 25 made its the least if you need to ask me anything else give me a call on 01758 613788 thanks Val.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi its val from dealerdecals.co.uk all the decals are in stock these are water slid type but l do have lots of decals from the early 1900s these are varnish fix type l have more to put on the website ,I can get anything made .I would love to get a decal from Hap Alzinas shop from when he sold BSA.Thanks Val.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Val.....I'll get with you later on about getting some made.

    I'll check with a mate to see if he has seen or knows of the Alzina decal for you.

    ReplyDelete