Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A wee quiz

I just got off eBay a timing cover for Vicky as the original has a small chunk missing from it. This was my second attempt at getting one and this time sucessfull.

Whaddya mean "this time sucessfull?" Bodger you may be thinking to yourself. It's like this....I got one off some geezer a ways back and when it showed up I unpacked it as eager as a wee sprog at Bah Humbug time o' year.

When I pull the cover from the box and saw what I had, a perplexed look came over my face. Instead of what I ordered I was holding in my hands something completely different.

Here's where the wee quiz comes in:



For those of you in know about MC parts, can you tell what part I got and what part I didn't? Answers on a scrap of paper mailed to the following:

Bodgers Mystery Quiz
Third Tree Stump Along
The Old Spooky Lane
Kings Sutton,
Banbury, OXON

The person with the correct answer will be rewarded with the knowledge that he/she knows more than the geezer who sent the WRONG part and and then through numerous e-mails called my diminshed eyesight into question until the offending part was returned and he could see for himself he got it WRONG.

But in the end, everything was set right and a full refund was received.

Now that the part I need is here, that's another piece to the scavenger hunt to rebuild and restore Vicky.

6 comments:

  1. You forgot the post code in the address..... ;-)

    Buying stuff off ebay and the like can be a bit of a lottery!!
    been there a few times myself :-(

    kawa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wanted a B44 timing cover and you got a Triumph one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it GBC, the old boy sends me a Triumph cover and then tries to make out he sent the right part. Won't buy from him again!

    Post code.....let me see......it's OX17 something...can never remember it.

    Yer right aboot eBay, most times things are good, just a couple of times (knock on wood) had to deal with right prats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was right? Yee haaaaaa! I WAS RIGHT!!!! Hope you're not going to send me a tee shirt like I sent poor Stu for his prize - piccy on blog later, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, engine covers are not a part most BSA and Triumph engines shared, well....except for models that shared engines between makes...
    I rather like the look of the hammer marks on the BSA cover...has kind of a suit of armour look to it. Hmmmmmm, maybe I put some of those marks in, back in the day when I was a bike mechanic... Hairy Larry

    ReplyDelete
  6. A t-shirt she sez....hmmm.actually I had been thinking of getting some "Thrash em" shirts made up as a joke....yer on GBC, a "Thrash em" shirt for ya.

    Larry, when I got the Triumph cover outta the box I looked at it and couldn't figger it out for a second, knew something wasn't right just not sure what it was. Then I saw the patent plate on the cover with the word Triumph on it and then the light bulb came on, the fool sent the wrong part.

    He said he didn't and to check it again. Told him, through emails, that I knew the difference between the two and it wasn't for a BSA. Finally got it sorted.

    ReplyDelete