Thursday, January 12, 2012

More puzzle pieces

Well, Bodger has went and done it.....broken just about every New Years Resolution he made, more or less....

One was to keep the parts purchases to just one or two a payday....but noooooo.....eBay has an insidious way of enticing Bodgers money from his wallet.

So far no good, more parts to the puzzle that is Vicky have been bought since the start of this here 2012 year has started.

Parts such as these:

Tappets

Cylinder studs
Rear shocks


A rubber cup for the speedo as well as a throttle twist grip have also been purchased to go in the parts stash.

At this rate, Bodger will be making pretty good progress getting most of the parts ready for a start on the assembly of Vicky.

And due to being named an alternate Steward at Ye Olde Postal Salt Mines, a small stipend that comes with it can and will be used for getting more puzzle pieces.

Can't get much better than that....other than getting the nails......errrr......bikes actually together, running  and on the road.

Slainte!

2 comments:

  1. Alright, more puzzle parts. Say, are there any paint marking on either of the lifters you bought? Seems I remember something I read in a manual years ago about one of the lifters being marked to differentiate between the intake and exhaust. I'll have to dig up my manuals, and see if I remembered that correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry taking a while to respond Larry, Blogger or my 'puter have been acting aup slightly....

    I'll have to have a look at the push rods to see, I think they might be marked as you say which would be a good idea if they're slightly different in length.

    Need to get all the parts organized by section; lower-end, top-end, timing, clutch, front-end, rear, etc to keep everything where they need to be when needed.

    I'll get back with ya when I find the.

    ReplyDelete