Monday, January 11, 2010

It makes ya wonder

Just after Bah Humbug I bought a timing side cover for the B44 motor off eBay. After about a week I get an e-mail from the old boy saying that he had sorta misplaced it, had now found it and had mailed it out.

OK good I thinks, he's keeping me informed an all that.

So today it shows up and like a little kid at Bah Humbug anxious to get to the prezzies, I open the box up. I pull the cover out and look a little perplexed for a second thinking that it didn't quite look right.

Then see the patent plate on the cover and read it.....it says....drumroll please......."Triumph" and then the penny dropped. The reason it didn't look quite right was that it wasn't for a B44/B25, it was for a Meriden TRIUMPH.

So I shoot a message off to the geezer and now have to await his response on this calamity. He appparently doesn't take returns which is fine by me and I don't really care, but I either want the right timing cover or a refund of my hard earned dosh.

Let's see if he does the right thing shall we or do I go off on a rant? Stayed tuned for the results at a later, not too much later I hope, time.

BTW: I have just discovered the "Comment Modertion" bit the other day. Sometime old fossils like me take a little longer with this new modern technology stuff.

Carry on

2 comments:

  1. I wondered where all the comments I'd been leaving had gone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry GBC, had some seniorish moments there. Now, what was I doing??? Oh yeah....

    ReplyDelete