Sunday, January 24, 2010

A quick look see

Was in the shed for a bit today rearranging the bikes. Took the Starfire off the bench and got the B44 up there in it's place. Prior to that I had all three of the bikes outside in the air to take some pictures of them.

After getting the B44 up on the bench, I had a look and wrote down everything that I could see that needed to be replaced or was missing. Turned into quite a long one I'm afraid, but that's how these things turn out.

While I was at it, I took the tank and seat off the Starfire and put them on the B44 just to get an idea how it would look. Looked good except for the fact the motor is out of the frame.

Here's the before and after shots




The seat and tank will go back on the Starfire of course and a spare Starfire tank I have will be used until I can source a good and reasonable Victor Special tank and as thoe are as common as chicken lips, it could be a while.

But then as there's quite a bit of work to do on the chassis as well as the motor, that can wait.

Before toddling off, here's a wee competition for you for you lot; as the Starfire has a name already, Amelia, what's a good name to give the B44 and it will have to be a girls name alright? Gladys, Ermintrude, Herminie, Angelina and Gertrude are right out. So get yer thinking caps on.

11 comments:

  1. I look forward to watching the project progress. The Starfire tank looks good on it.

    Piccie no 2 has caused me to feel some "toolbox envy", always wanted one of those huge toolchests!

    How about Jemima?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SFB, the toolchest is in stackable sections with a couple on the wokbench and the base section of another near the bikes for some other tools.

    Jemima....has potential....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Jessica? (My daughter) Looking forard to see them progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anon, Jessica has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about Vicky, for obvious reasons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kawa, I hadn't even thought of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ain't modern technology a wonderful thing ;)!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Possibly bit ain't 1960s technology even better!! :-)

    ReplyDelete