Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Let the painting begin

Well actually it was some sanding first a few days ago and then today after faffing about, got around to hitting all the parts such as frame, tank, swing arm and pivot (the left footrest bracket on it actually) and a few other odds and sods with some etching primer and then with some grey aerosol primer.

Actually this is supposed to be a super, duper primer and filler all rolled into one neat little package. Supposedly will fill in wee cracks, gouges, what have you while it primes so you don't have to mess about too much with prep work.








Now before we get to far ahead of ourseleves here, for the time being, Bodger is just priming, sanding and getting parts ready for the application of the all important top coat of black enamel.

This is so that there's plenty of time to get the coats of primer sanded and smoothed down as best as can be done with these old arthritic grabbers as well as making sure that more parts of the jigsaw puzzle that is Vicky can be gathered.

Plus there's also the all important aspect of getting the layout for the tank worked out too. Can't be just taping and masking willy-nilly, no sir, need to get the dimensions sussed out right as well as finding the right color yellow to use as well as the shiny portion which is a brushed aluminum.

Also, slightly off topic, but as a tribute to a guy who's brief career was cut short by a fatal accident at Imola I think it was, Bodger managed to score this





to show off on the workbench as well as one on the laptop cover. The chappy was #51, Pat Evans who raced in one of the TransAtlantic Match Races back in the 70s, possibly a couple more.

Looks good I think with the Gus Kuhn, Scottish Saltire, NMM and Radio Caroline stickers......

2 comments:

  1. Go Bodger go! That reminds me , I need to dig out my Victor tank to photograph as a reference point for you. I think it's sitting on my 650 as a temp I used to start it up a few years ago... your laptop's starting to look like one of my tool boxes, looks good. I remember reading about Evans in the mags of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's coming along good Larry. Having the time is a good part of getting things done.

    Hunting for parts takes up some of that time too...but I'm getting them. Just got a pair of pushrods and in a few days I should be seeing the clutch pushrod showing up.

    There's more stickers on the tool chest and filing cabinets. They looked a bit naked so decided to dress 'em up a little. Could get carried away if I'm not careful;P

    ReplyDelete