Sunday, October 2, 2011

All I can say is...

.....the weather has FINALLY gotten cooler and it feels like fall has gotten here after somewhere around two-three months of over 100F DAILY!!!!! It wasn't just hot here, it was Africa hot.

This is beautiful weather to be riding in, but unfortunately, Bodgers bits of scrap metal...err....trusty rides....are still in the shed awaiting parts, care and attention.

The hunt for more pieces of the puzzle is an on-going thing, latest acquisition are the headlight mounting brackets needed for Vicky. Trawling through eBay for other parts is a daily thing.

Bodger did manage to get one of the Holy Grails he was looking for, "BSA Singles Restoration" by Roy Bacon. This is one of those books thaat you need to aid in restoring bikes as it has all kinds of "DUI" or Damned Usefull Information stuffed into it such as color schemes, ID numbers, etc.

Anyway, a copy was finally obtained and didn't cost a fortune or kidney like expected as some stupid prices were being paid for the same thing by others in the past.

Seeing how the weather is nice now and Bodger now has his two mobile alarms (Bandit and Smudge the Wonder Dog) back in place, today seemed like a good a day as any to open the doors, fire up the grille and cook some dead meat in the form of  pork ribs with BBQ sauce with some type of fixin' like a baked/roasted spud and baked beans. Maybe even some belly wash in the way of a nice ale would be nice.

After all, what's the point of running the Piston Broke Bar and Grille if ya can't indulge in eating cooked food and drinking ale.

Also, as the weather is getting cooler, thoughts of a big pot of beef stew, navy bean soup or even Scotch Broth may be a good idea.....

Gordon Ramsey....the greasy spoon is up to the challenge......

2 comments:

  1. Good score on the manual, I have a few of his books and they are good references. Maybe one thing that the state of the economy is doing is leveling out some e-bay prices...? Don't know, haven't looked myself lately. Fortunately I think I have lots of sources available, and won't have to turn to the "on-line auction". That translates to I've hoarded a lot of bike stuff over the years. According to a blog in Washington state it's been snowing down to 6000 feet in the mountains there. Our Scottish correspondents are talking rainy days. Here in Californee rain is predicted in a day or two, and temps have dropped considerably. Which reminds me, I have a hole in the shed roof to tend to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better get that hole fixed Larry or whatevers inside will become what I jokingly refer to as rusty nails.

    Unfortunately for me I didn't have the time, space or money to hoard parts for the future. Uncle Sam only lets ship so much on his dime and charges you for any excess.

    But if I knew back in the early 70s that I'd get hold of a VS, something that I fell in love with back then, you can bet I'd have stockpiled spare parts.

    Speaking of which, I managed to get an engine seal set and a horn off of eBay. The ppuzzle piecs just keep on coming in.

    ReplyDelete