Sunday, February 7, 2010

Coming apart

Today I spent a while in the shed taking parts off Vicky in order to get her down to nothing at all.

Started with a slight tug on the forks and they came out of the headstock with no problem. All the bearings went hither and yon but that's OK as there's a bearing place that I can got them for about 5 cents each, or less than a US fiver for the upper and lower races.

However getting the stanchions out of the lower yokes is going to take longer as they seem to be frozen or rusted in place. More of the penetrating fluid I think is in order.

All the rest of the bits from the front end to came off with no problem, to include the tool box and the oil tank. Just as well as there isn't that much in those areas anyway.

The tool box as a small bracket that the weld as broken slightly and I think I may leave it as is as a sort of "battle scar". Other than that, it's in good shape.

Also have the rear fender/mudguard and wheel out. If I can't find a fender in good shpae, I'll see what can be done to this one.

Other than that, so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment