Friday, April 2, 2010

Due to circumstances...

beyond belief, the trip home in May has been postponed until possibly October, which means that the British Singles Run may have to wait 'til next year.

The good thing (?) about that is that it'll give me the chance to get Amelia the Starfire on the road then and any gremlins put down.

Seems that the fuel pump on my truck has given up the ghost and the manny who is gonna do the work is charging equal to what my budget for the trip is gonna be. So basically it boils down to needing the truck and being in this situation 


as well as this:

   



But there is a silver lining in that the 2010 New Ulm rally is during that same time in May so I should be able to attend that one and for the entire three days as I can do the camping thing (no, not that type of camping) and can experience the whole tamale.

So let's see what transpires eh!?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your woes Bodgers, but as you say there is a bright side. If you pop over to Scotland in October you could partake of the Haggis Run.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you made it back to Cubbie Towers safely.

    Minor setback, but nothing that can't be dealt with from a different approach.

    Haggis Run eh? May look into if the funds are there for a trip in October. The loan of a bike possible if I make it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice yard btw...no chickens? HL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure we could find you a bike of some sort, it might even be a Triumph! Sunday 3rd October is the date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 3rd? My holidays START on that date I think, so it's a good bet I'd miss it. Definitely want to do that Run, how's next year sound GBC?

    Nope, no egg factories running about HL, the three roving alarms would be at them fer sure, especially Bandit, the Border Collie/Shepard mix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gorgeous one, I had another look at the holiday dates and they start on 9/27 so I could be there before the 3rd for the Haggis Run. I'll e-mail ya in a bit.

    ReplyDelete