Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's on!!!!

The tickets are booked, a dry run of packing the bag has been done, now it's just two things to do....wait for the dates and get meself pysched for the trip.

What trip is that  he's rabbting about you is wondering. Why the trip home and up to sunny (?) Aberdeen area to take part in the 3rd Haggis Run of course.

This will all take place in the month of October when the weather will cooperate and be cool but sunny without any rain, gale force wnds or, and this is the big one, volcanic ash blowing around and being deposited on any and everything in sight.

This is the volcanic ash that's coming from some volcano in Iceland and wrecking havoc on airline travel in Europe.

Personally I think it's the Icelanders way of getting their ow back from the Cod Wars of the early 70s, but who can say for sure?

Anyway, the trip is on, I'll be home for a few days and then up for the Run to meet up with GBC, Kawa and whoever else. Hopefully Big Sid will be there with his AJS V-twin. I have got to see that.

5 comments:

  1. Nice one, let me have those dates when you can and I'll set about arranging a bike for the Haggis Run. Will do my best to get Big (?) Sid to join us for the day again too. I'm sure Kawa will be there, he likes haggis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to meeting you and am sure you'll enjoy the Haggis and the run ;-)

    So GBC what bike have you got in mind?

    Tim remember to look in my photobucket to see pics of last years events

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right ya are Kawa, I'll be looking here shortly. From the ones GBC has on her blog, it looked really good. Looking forwrd to it and meeting up with y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm..waterproofs, you might need ashproofs...HL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashproofs?? My first thought was of the old military asbestos lined firefighters outfits that looked like aluminum foil.

    Suit saves ya from fire and hot ashes so you can die from asbestosis of the lungs. Eeeeek!!! Think I'd pass on that.

    But that does kinda make ya wonder about this volcano thing and if it'll stop spewing and erupting before then. Hope so.

    ReplyDelete