Friday, August 5, 2011

A legend passes....Gary Nixon (Jan 25, 1941-Aug 5, 2011)

I never knew or met the man, don't remember if I saw him race in the TransAtlantic Races I went to back in the 70s at Mallory Park, but today, Gary Nixon passed away due to complications from a heart attack suffered on July 29.

Clicky on the linky thing to see his web page and learn about him.

http://www.garynixon.com/homepage.htm

I think there was an interview with him in Classic Bike just recently though I could be mistaken.

2 comments:

  1. Never got to meet him or watch him, but sure followed his career all these years. Man was definitely a legend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thaat he was Larry...right up there with Percy Tait, Mick Graant, Peter Williams, Sammy Miller, Graeme Crosby and Agostini.


    Never followed racers from the US and while in the UK during the time of the TransAtlantic races, I supported the UK team so I really can't remember seeing him, but would've liked to.

    ReplyDelete